REPORT ON EVN (Evolution Mining Ltd)
Thefour requirementsfor your report are as follows:
1. Introduce and summarise the company (300 words)
In this section, please tell us about the company, the industry it is in, and its recent history.
2. Summary of corporate governance at your company (500 words)
Please locate the latest annual report published by your company. Locate the following and provide a summary of what they say:
- Composition of the board, including the ratio of independent to non-independent directors. Is the Chairperson of the board an independent director?
- The reports from the Chairperson and the CEO
- The remuneration report—summarise how directors and executives are remunerated.
Provide an overall summary of the report stating what immediate priorities of the company are and what plans might be in place to achieve them.
You are not expected to provide a financial analysis of the company unless it supports any of the points above.
3. Board orientation (900 words)
Review your company’s most recent annual report and its web site. You should also read any media releases it might show on its web site. Analyse what you find and determine the most likely orientation of its board.
Make sure you justify your conclusion with reference towhichever theories are most applicable.ONLY ONEamong (Agency theory, stakeholder theory : Ethical & Managerial branch, resource dependency theory) please see the attached file too.
4. Interpretation of company communications using Legitimacy Theory (300 words)