Assessment 2 - Annotated bibliography (2000 words)
For Assessment 2, you are required to compile an Annotated bibliography of five peer-reviewed journal articles, which will also support Assessment 3.
Step 1. Select an industry sector that you will study for Assessments 2 and 3 (e.g. agriculture; construction; financial services; health care; hospitality; manufacturing; mining; retail; transport).
Step 2 Undertake research of the recent academic literature since 2010, to identify five (5) academic peer reviewed journal articles relevant to the Assessment 3 Essay topic (and preferably aligned to Weeks 3-5 on job design, HR planning, recruitment and selection).
Step 3. For each journal article, you are to write 2 paragraphs within a total of approximately 400 words. The first paragraph will summarise the main ideas of the article, identifying the hypothesis, purpose, research methodology and conclusions. The second paragraph will identify how you will use that article in relation to the Assessment 3 Essay.
Assessment Due Date
Week XXXXXXXXXXApr XXXXXXXXXX:00 pm AEST
Return Date to Students
Week 8 Monday (30 Apr 2018)
Assessments will be returned after the marking and moderation processes are completed.
Your report will be assessed on the extent to which it meets each of the following criteria:Research (40%), argument (30%), organisation and structure (15%) and presentation quality (15%). A full ru
ic is available on the Moodle site.
Penalty for late submission without approval if applicable [(-5%× 30/day = -1.5 marks/day]
Important: Plagiarism will be reported to the Academic Services Centre of the University and may result in a “zero” mark.
· American Psychological Association (APA)
Only MS Word document (doc and docx only). Other types are not acceptable. Documents that cannot go through Turnitin or cannot be opened will not be marked.
Learning Outcomes Assessed
· Critically assess the role and functions of HRM for strategic integration and achieving organisational objectives
· Analyse contemporary issues in managing human resources within the context of cu
ent professional and academic literature
· Identify and evaluate human resource management strategies and practices to plan, attract, recruit, develop, motivate and reward employees and respond to internal and external changes
· Develop a critical understanding of contemporary human resources issues including ethical issues.
· Cognitive, technical and creative skills
· Ethical and Professional Responsibility