The final work will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
· Acquired knowledge (25%): the knowledge acquired throughout the course of the subject will be evaluated through the analysis of the theoretical data shown in the project presented by the student.
· Development of the Subject (25 %): the interpretation of the thesis subject by the student and its development will be evaluated in a coherent and analytical manner.
· Final result (25%): the final evaluation is based on coherent solutions applied to solve objectives set out in the paper. The presentation must be conclusive and formatting must meet established parameters.
· Additional information and bibliography (25%): additional information regarding the research and subject matter will be evaluated and taken into consideration as a bonus. This consist of: bibliography, visual graphics, charts, independent studies ca
ied out by the student, external academic sources, articles of opinion, etc. All sources, both printed and online, must be referenced according to the APA regulations.
OnTime LC is a courier company with more than 10 years of experience. Its headquarters are in Germany, but it operates internationally. Its activity consists of the transport of goods of all types of weighing; can be sent from documentation to an appliance or make a move. Transportation is managed through land, sea and air, and customers are both individuals and companies.
In Spain, there are 20 offices distributed throughout the peninsula; A Coruña, Bilbao, Barcelona, Seville, Murcia, Valencia, Madrid and Cáceres. Each office is located in large premises, so there are; a warehouse, parking, back-office and customer service office.
The hallmark of this company is that they operate 7 days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Last year, complaints were being received from employees in various offices, and rumours are circulating about several incidents that are causing great concern to executive management. The most recent comes from one of the Bilbao offices:
- Ludo and Max are transporters. His duties, together with Charlie, driver and assistant, are to distribute the goods throughout the Basque Country and Nava
a. The material must be loaded onto the Roll Container in the warehouse, then put on the truck. Then they go to the destination client, and they must download the Roll Container where the client wishes. Charlie has been working for the company for a long time, and has suffered a significant back injury, and is on the waiting list for an operation. He remembers having done some Prevention course at the beginning, but he does not remember, he recognizes that when they load the material from the warehouse to the Roll Container, they load the heavy boxes a few meters since it is in a place where the Roll Container cannot pass. Their workday is 8 hours, they start at 6:00 in the morning, but sometimes they have many deliveries, and they last 2 or 3 hours more. Rest between 20-25 minutes, and sometimes eat a snack during the transfer from one place to another. He decided to buy a pair of sneakers because he was more comfortable to work with, as he is always hot, he wears a pair of cotton shorts, and a short-sleeved T-shirt. A few months ago they did not close one of the doors of the Roll Container, and Max fell on the foot, causing a
eak of two bones (metatarsals) of the toes.
- Elena and Maria: they work in the customer service office, from 10:00 to 19:15 hours, with 15 minutes to eat, from Monday to Sunday with one day off per week to choose from the director of the office. The holidays opening days they work with the same schedule, and this day is included in the regular salary that they charge monthly. The tasks that must be performed is customer service; a collection of shipments, delivery of goods, management of telephone calls, etc. Besides, Maria is a worker who is in a 2-year internship agreement.
- Joseph: Performs logistical tasks: loading, unloading, and receiving the goods, warehouse order, order management, inventories, open the office. It works from 06:00 to 10:00 when the office is closed to the public, so it was decided at the time not to make any employment contract. He does not have vacations or extra payments, and sick leave or work accident are not remunerated.
- Emmanuel: also performs logistics tasks: loading, unloading, and receiving the goods, warehouse order, order management, inventories, administrative, and closing the office. Work from 1:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. He barely has time to eat, he rests in between 15-20 minutes in a small wardrobe that they have in store.
- Dario: is responsible for the Bilbao office, works more than 9 hours a day, has two free weekends per month. It does not have a fixed schedule because it adapts to the needs of the office. His tasks are personnel management, supervision of orders and deliveries, and support to any of the areas.
1. Prepare a New Occupational Risk Prevention Plan for OnTime: As Responsible for Occupational Risks of OnTime SL, you must develop a new Prevention Plan, including a section on how it will be communicated so that it is implemented and effective.
2. Investigate a real case of an organization in which i
egularities have been committed in terms of prevention and in turn, another real case of excellent company in this task.