Literature Review (20% Weightage XXXXXXXXXXwords)
Need to write literature review on
With their hyper discounting model will Ola can endure with global competitors?
Characteristics of a Literature Review
· Documentation of the state of research on a given topic or given research area.
· Summarises and synthesizes the ideas or concepts, problems and solutions other researchers in the field have produced over time.
· Reflects the reviewer’s understanding of the body of work existing in the field and may shed new light or provide new interpretation of previous works.
· Reveals the gaps in the literature and points out problems worth pursuing for further research.
· Use a bibliographic organizing too l such as Bibtex or EndNote.
· Maintain an accurate record of all the papers you collect or read.
· Collect papers in and around your field of research. DO not myopic!
· Types and anatomy of a publication
· Publications could be anything of the following types:
· Article in a conference proceeding
· Article in a journal
· Article on the we
· A Publication could be divided into sections:
Abstract or synopsis or introduction
Body- with possibly several subsections
Discussion and conclusion
What structure should the literature review adopt?
A literature review is like any other document. It should have:
· An Introduction giving an overview of the subject, issues or theory under consideration, along with the objectives of the review.
· A body in which a critical review of the literature collected is undertaken. There are several ways in which this could be conducted. (Use Chronological method based on history)
· Some conclusion that draws out the salient points or observations from the literature and makes statements about the gaps in the literature.
· The body of the review should take up 80% of your writing effort.
· The literature review is organized around ideas.
· It is not a list of summaries of papers as in annotated bibliography.
· The Style could be:
· These forms must be interpreted in the context of the specific area of research.
· Use your
· Come up with headings for the sections of the review.
· Maintain logical presentations of the ideas and review.
1.You can attach a separate file as Annexure. This will not be counted in word count nor will be graded. However, this might help you explain how you did map the 20-literature review.
Student Name: Udit Chandreshbhai Oza XXXXXXXXXX)
University Name: Excelsia College
Unit Name: Integrated Business Research Methods
Problem statement 4
Idea Generation 4
Hypothesis testing 4
Standing against the statement 5
Type of Business Research 5
Research statement 6
The rundown of those wagering on the fate of Ola, biggest taxi aggregator in India, continues getting longer. In the wake of having wiped up near $900 million from in excess of twelve financial specialists since 2011 when it was set up, Ola (once in the past Ola Cabs) got 30$ million from the Didi Chuxing, China's biggest taxi hailing administration. Chuxing is plainly situating itself to takes on Uber Technology, its principle rival in the China, having as of late inked an a
angement with the Uber's Unites State rival Lyft.
Ola's most recent exertion to raise reserves—expected to get it at any rate $500 million as well as valuation of the above 5$ billion—is likewise planned for keeping Uber under control. A few 225 million $ from the Falcon Edge is as of now in kitty moreover other existing financial specialists like Softbank and Tiger Global are probably going to contribute. News reports state the taxi aggregator is likewise in cutting edge converses with United State support investments Meru Capital or Scottish speculation firm the Baille Gifford.
Ola taxis also have been using division parameters, such as, topographically partitioning the markets it serves into metro and u
an to devise restricted time as well as business technique dependent on the attention in these big business sectors. Additionally, it fragments customers based on client pay profile, such as, Ola share, Prime, Ola Luxury, cars. As the organization serves diverse client fragments for example long course clients of outstation, consumers inside 8 Kms, Shuttle administration as well as shared administration, consequently it utilizes separation focusing on methodology. Ola Cab has also situated itself as association making portability helpful, simple, safe and reasonable 24*7.
Problem statement: -
With the hyper discounting model will Ola can endure with global competitors.
· With the hyper discounting model, Ola can become the market leader of India.
· Such model can make it an operational inefficiency company.
· Such hyper discounting model is using as a marketing strategy to keep a good foot in the Indian market.
· Ola should raise more funds before using such disrupting discounting models.
· Ola can achieve its vision and mission by using such kind of discounting models.
The most suitable idea according to the performance of Ola is that with their hyper discounting model it can become the market leader in India. It even stands in the favour of the research topic. So, we have to make a hypothesis testing standing in favour as well standing against the topic.
In favour of the statement:
1. To gain an initial competitive advantage such discounting models are very crucial.
2. Possibility of a larger lead generation.
3. Can understand the behaviour of the consumer and can price accordingly.
4. Lower cost incu
ed in other means of marketing and promotion.
5. Possible visualisation of the market base and can also understand the challenges as well as loopholes.
6. Customer friendly approach.
Standing against the statement
1. Could lead to operational inefficiency.
2. Not every Indian customer will turn up. Indian market is fascinated with offers and discounts and customers have a tendency to purchase or consume bulk when there is a discount. After the discount gets over, they possibly don’t choose the product anymore and this can be a biggest disadvantage.
3. Chance of strategy getting replicated by the competitors.
Type of Business Research: -
To conduct a survey the best possible method is experiment method. It comes with the advantages of being cost effective and very convenient. Test research is a few assessments directed with logical methodology, where many elements are kept consistent while other a
angement of the elements is being approximate as subject of the analysis. Exploratory research is establishing quantitative research strategies.
Through this type of business research, we can understand the crucial possible outcomes of the topic. It will also help us to develop draw recommendations.
Research statement: -
Passing by its case that it has an 80% piece of the pie of 6 billion $ Indian taxi administrations showcase, Ola appears on solid ground for the present; Meru holds simply 12%, trailed by Uber or others at 5%. In any case, plainly it might want to hold hang on market that is developing at 30-35% year-on-year, as per industry gauges. Ola says it’s adding 1,500 taxis each day to its present armada—in the following two years it’s taking a gander at one million cabs. What's more, it hopes to cross $1 billion in incomes in XXXXXXXXXX, which will incorporate incomes from the TaxiForSure — an adversary Ola purchased in March for 200 $million.
Ola's quick development has included some significant pitfalls however, since it has
ought to the table gigantic limits to driver to prevail upon them to its overlay. Business magazine as of late said the taxi aggregator consumes $15 million consistently—an immense piece of that the outgo is by virtue of high motivating forces it offers its driver. Drivers state they wouldn't most likely offer that rate to clients on the off chance that they were not boosted. Uber offers similar rate to its Uber-Go travellers.
Along these lines, while it might have piece of the overall industry, Ola's misfortunes are developing (see realistic). The misfortunes could increase this year state experts. In any case, Ola moreover its financial specialists expect Bengaluru-based firm to move toward becoming benefit before duty (PBT) positive by XXXXXXXXXXUp to that point, Ola is making a money coffer for itself to develop the business. Additionally, Ola is presented in excess of 100 u
an areas while the Uber in 18 u
an areas. In any case, 90% of Ola traffic originates from the main 7 u
an areas thus it can't bear to be careless.
"Uber has also been developing like Ola as the primary section of this cu
ent year when its industry was distu
ed over an assault including a driver," composes Amir Efrati, in the report for Information. Ola has kept up over 42% every month developments since its commencement as a taxi aggregator (instead of the proprietorship model predominant at time. TAB-cab, Think Meru, and so on). Its exclusive innovation for drivers crosswise over business transport vehicles encourages them associate with clients. Utilizing the Ola versatile application, clients may book from more than 2,50,000 taxis as well as another 66,000 vehicles crosswise over kaali-peeli (dark and yellow) taxicabs and yellow cabs (in the Kolkata) — Ola included cars and dark and-yellow cabs to its armada a year ago. Uber business claims that it’s developing at a similar pace as Ola, at around 45% month-on-month in India, moreover will clock one million day by day rides by31 March 2016. It as of late said it will put $1 billion in India throughout the following 6 to 9 months (Finch, 2018).
amanian, ranking executive, showcasing interchanges at Ola, says firm may be productive yet has developed market which is under-served to such an extent that it needs colossal venture. "We are cantered around development. Client procurement must be increased with developing number of vehicles on the stage."
Ashvin Vellody, accomplice at KPMG, calls attention to the taxi business is about scale and needs speculation. "The marketplace is extending past the top u
an areas," he says. "It’s about the fight for market share—higher the quantity of vehicles out and about, the more prominent the likelihood of prevailing upon a client. Be that as it may, the development in market share will likewise rely upon who offers the most reduced passage," says Sanchit Vir Gogia of the Greyhound Research, an innovation research firm (livemint, 2019).
By2015 December, at any rate 10,000 autos is relied upon to be on-street under renting model. “The renting organization will be completely claimed backup of Ola’s — it will rent the vehicle for a long time, moreover after that driver will possess the vehicle," says by Su
amanian. Ola intends to encourage another 4,500 crore Rs of venture for renting from monetary foundations. "We will also have 100,000 rented vehicles on stage," says Su
Ola is wagering on the detonating Internet and cell phone crowd. Before the cu
ent year's over, India is relied upon to outperform China