Format of the Assignment
The assignment will be presented in the format of a scholarly paper including a cover page, introduction and a conclusion. Proper sentence structure is required in addition to co
ect APA referencing and citing format. The assignment will be no longer than 3 pages double spaced (excluding title page and reference page). Anything more than 3 pages will not be read or marked.
1. Choose one article on the list provided by your professor (list is below).
2. Consider the information you have read and identify 2 key ideas you have learned from the article. This is not a summary but an analysis of the information you have read. This should show evidence that you understand the article in-depth and have thought about the important findings of the article. Make sure this information is from the findings of the research and not from the literature review.
3. Discuss how you would use this information in your own nursing practice. For each key finding identify 1 specific nursing action that could be implemented into nursing practice. This must be related to the information in the article. The examples must show evidence of critical thinking and describe specific examples of how a nurse might use this information (with which patients, how). This may be how you would use this information in your future nursing career. This is where you need to use references for the paper (to back up your nursing actions).
4. The paper must be formatted as per APA. Use the APA (7th ed.). Please use headings (as per APA) to identify points in paper.
5. References: A minimum of 2 cu
ent scholarly nursing references will be used throughout the assignment. References should be from peer reviewed journals and should include cu
ent (< 10 years) nursing journals. A maximum of one textbook reference can be used. You should not need more than 3-4 references and should mainly be used for your nursing actions. This paper is more about your own thinking so many references will not show your own thoughts. Many websites are not considered scholarly nursing references so ensure you are using appropriate sites.
Mariño‐Narvaez, Puertas‐Gonzalez, J. A., Romero‐Gonzalez, B., & Peralta‐Ramirez, M. I XXXXXXXXXXGiving birth during the COVID‐19 pandemic: The impact on birth satisfaction and postpartum depression. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 153(1), 83–88. https:
MacLean XXXXXXXXXXPreconception, Pregnancy, Birthing, and Lactation Needs of Transgender Men. Nursing for Women’s Health, 25(2), 129–138. https:
Schlegel, Whalen, J. L., & Williamsen, P. M XXXXXXXXXXIntegrative Therapies for Women With a High-Risk Pregnancy During Antepartum Hospitalization. MCN, the American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing, 41(6), 356–362. https:
Baranowska, Doroszewska, A., Kubicka-Kraszyńska, U., Pietrusiewicz, J., Adamska-Sala, I., Kajdy, A., Sys, D., Tataj-Puzyna, U., Bączek, G., & Crowther, S XXXXXXXXXXIs there respectful maternity care in Poland? Women’s views about care during labor and birth. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 19(1), 520–520. https:
Daniels, E., Arden-Close, E., & Mayers, A XXXXXXXXXXBe quiet and man up: a qualitative questionnaire study into fathers who witnessed their Partner’s birth trauma. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 20. https: