**** Part I Prewriting Conflicting Viewpoints Essay on “ Gun Control”***
****The assignment is divided into two (2) parts.
In Part I of the assignment you will first read a book excerpt about critical thinking processes: "The Believing Game and How to Make Conflicting Opinions More Fruitful" by Peter Elbow. Next, you will review the Procon.org Website in order to gather information. Then, you will engage in prewriting to examine your thoughts.
****Part I -Prewriting:Follow the instructions below for this prewriting activity. Use complete sentences and adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
1. Select one (1) of the approved topics from thewww.procon.orgWebsite and state your position on the issue.
2. From the Procon.org Website, identify three (3) premises (reasons) listed under either the Pro or Con section - whichever sectionopposesyour position.
3. Foreachof the three (3) premises (reasons) thatopposeyour position on the issue, answer these "believing" questions suggested by Elbow:
a. What's interesting or helpful about this view?
b. What would I notice if I believed this view?
c. In what sense or under what conditions might this idea be true?"
*******In Part II of the assignment you will write an essay geared towards synthesizing your ideas.
Write Conflicting Viewpoint Essay using the information from the same Subject “Gun Control”
**The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
- Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.