Analyze the immunological case study on allergic asthmahttp://www.immunologyclinic.com/case.asp?chap=04&case=6and present your findings in a document. There must be a minimum of two images that are used in the document to add to the explanation of the case study.
All presentations should include the following information regarding their case study:
· 1.Introduction of the Case Study: Introduce the case study to the class.
· 2.Background information on the disease/disorder in the case study: Describe the disorder/disease to the class from the case study including symptoms, typical individuals affected by this (i.e. age, gender, etc).
· 3.Compare the disease/disorder to NORMAL anatomy/physiology. Consider histological changes, anatomical changes, physiology changes the disease causes and compare that to normal.
· 4.Diagnosis: Using the case study information and your background information, explain how the symptoms, lab tests, etc in the case study fit to make a diagnosis for this disorder/disease.
· 5.Treatments: How is this disease/disorder typically treated? What treatments were done in the case study?
· 6.Conclusion: Include a brief summary of the main points of your presentation. Ask yourself, what do I want the audience to remember about this case study and disease/disorder?
· Bibliography: A bibliography of all sources used in any format.
Grading: Grades for the presentations will be based on the following.
o Was enough information gathered to fully explain the case study?
o Were multiple sources used? Bibliography present?
o Was information up to date?
o Were all required sections discussed in detail in the presentation?
o Did the presentation include correct analysis of the case study?
o Did the presentation include correct discussion of the normal anatomy/physiology?
o How well did the presenters answer questions from the audience?
o Was the visual aid used in an interactive manner during the presentation?
o Was the visual aid useful in helping students understand the presentation?
o What is the quality of the visual aid?
o Were the graphics, diagrams, or drawings appropriate for the topic?