XXXXXXXXXXTraining for Knowledge & Livelihood (TKL college)
ABN: XXXXXXXXXXRTO Code: 45509 CRICOS Provider Code: 03770M
Suite 707, Level XXXXXXXXXXChurch Street, Westfield Shopping Centre, Pa
amatta, NSW 2150 P XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXEmail: XXXXXXXXXX www.tkl.edu.au
Assessment cover sheet
SITXHRM003 Lead and Manage People
SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial cookery
Written Activities , Assessments
Student Must Fill this Section
Privacy Release Clause:
“I give my permission for my assessment material to be used in the auditing, assessment validation & moderation Process”.
“I declare that:
· The material I have submitted is my own work;
· I have given references for all sources of information that are not my own, including the words, ideas and images of others”.
Attempt and Tasks
Not Yet Satisfactory
Assessor Feedback to Students
SHAPE \* MERGEFORMAT
SHAPE \* MERGEFORMAT
Not yet Competent
Information for Student:
· All work is to be entirely of the student.
General Information for this assessment:
· Read the instructions for each question very carefully.
· Be sure to PRINT your FIRST name & LAST name in every place that is provided.
· For those activities requesting extra evidence such as: research reports, essay reports, etc. The student must attach its own work formatted in double space, Arial 12 pts.
· All activities must be addressed co
ectly in order to obtain a competence for the unit of competency.
· If the student doesn’t understand the assessment, they can request help from the assessor to interpret the assessment.
· Re-submission of assessment after the term will incur additional fees.
Re-assessment of Result & Academic Appeal procedures:
If a student is not happy with his/ her results, that student may appeal against their grade via a written letter, clearly stating the grounds of appeal to the Chief Executive Officer. This should be submitted after completion of the subject and within fourteen days of commencement of the new term.
· An appeal in writing is made to the Academic Manager providing reasons for re-assessment /appeal.
· Academic Manager will delegate another member to review the assessment.
· The student will be advised of the review result done by another assessor.
· If the student is still not satisfied and further challenges the decision, then a review panel is formed comprising the lecture
trainer in charge and the Academic Manager or if need be an external assessor.
· The Institute will advise the student within 14 days from the submission date of the appeal. The decision of the panel will be deemed to be final.
· If the student is still not satisfied with the result, he / she has the right to seek independent advice or follow external mediation option with nominated mediation agency.
· Any student who fails a compulsory subject or appeals unsuccessfully will be required to re-enrol in that subject.
The cost of reassessment will be borne by the Institute. The external assessor will base his/her judgement based on principles of assessment. These principles require assessment to be reliable, fair, practical and valid.
· If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the re-evaluation process, you have a right to appeal through academic appeals handling protocol.
· To appeal a decision, the person is required to complete the TKL- Request for Appeal of a Decision form with all other supporting documents, if any. This form is available via our website. The completed Request for Appeal form is to be submitted to the Student Support Officer either in hard copy or electronically via the following contact details:
Student Support Officer, TKL College Suite 707, Level XXXXXXXXXXChurch Street, Westfield Shopping Centre, Pa
amatta, NSW 2150 , Email: XXXXXXXXXX
· The notice of appeal should be in writing addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and submitted within seven days of notification of the outcome of the re-evaluation process.
· If the appeal is not lodged in the specified time, the result will stand and you must re-enrol in the unit.
· In emergency circumstances, such as in cases of serious illness or injury, you must forward a medical certificate in support of a defe
ed appeal. The notice of appeal must be made within three working days of the concluding date shown on the medical certificate.
· The decision of Chief Executive Officer will be final.
· Student would then have the right to pursue the claim through an independent external body as detailed in the students’ complaint / grievance policy.
You are required to complete and pass every task in the assessment in order to be deemed competent.