Task 2 – International Market Profile
You work for a large car manufacturing company in China have been asked by management to prepare a market profile for this new car to be exported and marketed overseas. Prepare a market profile for entering the international market. Your market profile should include the following:
1. Why you have made the decision to export to an international destination? List the benefits of exporting to international markets?
2. Choose at least three (3) potential international markets,
iefly explaining why each of the markets is considered a suitable future market.
3. For one of these identified potential markets, identify its attractiveness as the new international market.
4. Profile any cultural factors that will impact on the firm’s marketing plans.
5. Create a positioning strategy for the business in the proposed international market.
Your market profile should include a title page and an automated table of contents aligned with your headings. The header and footer should include your name, date and page number, subject and market profile number. Do not exceed 1500 words for the entire assessment. Include a reference list. Use footnoting, APA or the author date system (Harvard Method) referencing for in-text referencing.
Prepare PowerPoint presentation from your international market profile. Audio visual equipment can be used for the presentation.
As a minimum for this assessment task:
· provide an acceptable background explanation to the business’s move to international marketing
· identify 3 potential markets with an acceptable level of justification
· prepare a situation analysis with an acceptable level of detail, using an acceptable number of cited information sources
· provide a logical targeting strategy given the business’s resources and the target market
· provide a target market description which identifies the main relevant characteristics and includes relevant culturally influenced factors
· create an acceptable positioning strategy for the business in the international market.
· prepare a profile
iefing report and present it to his/her peers.