Details of Assessment
Term and Yea
TERM 2 2018
Customer Service Project and Role-play (IN PAIRS) Individual submission
Details of Subject
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
Details of Unit(s) of competency
Unit Code (s) and Names
BSBCUS501 Manage Quality Customer service
Details of Student
Student Declaration: I declare that the work submitted is my own, and has not been copied or plagiarised from any person or source.
Details of Assesso
|_| Competent |_| Not Yet Competent
FEEDBACK TO STUDENT
Progressive feedback to students, identifying gaps in competency and comments on positive improvements:
Student Declaration: I declare that I have been assessed in this unit, and I have been advised of my result. I am also aware of my right to appeal and the reassessment procedure.
Assessor Declaration: I declare that I have conducted a fair, valid, reliable and flexible assessment with this student, and I have provided appropriate feedback
|_| Student did not attend the feedback session.
XXXXXXXXXXFeedback provided on assessment.
Purpose of the Assessment
The purpose of this assessment is to assess the student in the following learning outcomes:
Not Yet Competent
Plans, policies or procedures for delivering quality customer service
develop and manage organisational systems for quality customer service
develop and review plans, policies and procedures for delivering and monitoring quality customer service
implement policies and procedures to ensure quality customer service
monitor and assist teams to meet customer service requirements
develop, procure and use human and physical resources to support quality customer service delivery
Assessment/evidence gathering conditions
Each assessment component is recorded as either Competent (C) or Not Yet Competent (NYC). A student can only achieve competence when all assessment components listed under “Purpose of the assessment” section are recorded as competent. Your trainer will give you feedback after the completion of each assessment. A student who is assessed as NYC (Not Yet Competent) is eligible for re-assessment.
Resources required for this Assessment
1. Computer with relevant software applications and access to internet
1. Weekly eLearning notes relevant to the tasks/questions
Instructions for Students
Please read the following instructions carefully
· This assessment has to be completed |X| In class |X| At home
· The assessment is to be completed according to the instructions given by your assessor.
· Feedback on each task will be provided to enable you to determine how your work could be improved. You will be provided with feedback on your work within two weeks of the assessment due date. All other feedback will be provided by the end of the term.
· Should you not answer the questions co
ectly, you will be given feedback on the results and your gaps in knowledge. You will be given another opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to be deemed competent for this unit of competency.
· If you are not sure about any aspects of this assessment, please ask for clarification from your assessor.
· Please refer to the College re-assessment for more information (Student Handbook).
This assessment is to be completed by Week 7. Kindly check eLearning for further details.
You may need to conduct some research of your own to answer these questions. Books and the internet are useful sources of information. Cut and paste answers and COPYING from classmates, even from the previous terms, will have NO MARKS. Late assessments will get a maximum mark of 25/50.
TASKS AND ROLE-PLAY (50 MARKS)
TASK1. A colleague has asked you to coach them in the provision of good customer service techniques. Explain how you would go about doing this. To answer this question you will need to research the coaching process then demonstrate that you understand how coaching procedures can be applied and why these are necessary, in such situations, to have some understanding of adult learning needs. (5 marks)
TASK2. Stakeholders are people who have an interest in a particular issue. A stakeholder is anyone significantly affecting or affected by someone else’s decision making. The first step in stakeholder analysis is identifying who your key stakeholders are.
Imagine a small restaurant in a busy subu
an street. The restaurant seats fifty (50) people. It has a modern cuisine style menu. The business is a partnership between a husband and a wife.
Identify the stakeholders for this restaurant. Draw a diagram showing the inter-relationships.
TASK3. If you or your team/workgroup identified a problem or developed a new idea with regards to improving customer service, how and to whom would you present this idea? (5 marks)
TASK4. Being able to provide customer service is not an innate skill. Discuss 3 ways on how employees can learn the skills needed to provide good customer service. (5 marks)
TASK5. In any organisation, there are both internal and external customers. These are all part of the customer – supplier chain. For the custome
end-user to receive quality products/services, it is necessary that all aspects of the customer–supply chain meet specific quality objectives. Who actually sets these quality standards and how are they set? Identify 2 entities and explain. (5 marks)
TASK6. ROLE-PLAY (25 marks)
This is a practical assessment to ensure the learner participates in customer service interactions/transaction situation using a role-play script in a simulated environment. Pairs are required in this assessment. Your assessment partner will play the role of a customer and you as the service staff and vice versa. Your trainer will play the role of your supervisor. Your role-play should include a conversation between 5-10 minutes with the customer.
You are required to:
· Develop the scenario script that contains conversations of both people for the role play
· Consult the supervisor in regards to the service situation (if refe
al is required)
Customer Service: Hi, I am John, How are you today and how can I help you?
Customer: Hi, I am Kelly. Good, Thanks.
Organisational Context: Role-Play topics and scenario examples for developing the Role Play Script by the learner may include, but not limited to the following:
1. A customer enquires/wishes to purchase or experience your company’s products and services
2. A Customer Is Confused About What He or She Wants or Needs
3. When a Customer Makes a Racist Remark
4. When a Customer Asks to Be Served Ahead of Other Waiting Customers
5. When a Customer Has a Negative Attitude About Your Company Due to Past Experiences
6. When a Customer Is Experiencing a Language Ba
7. When the Customer Insults Your Competence
8. When You Don't Have the Answe
9. When You Need to Clarify Commitments
10. The Customer is agitated
11. The Customer has defective merchandise
12. You receive a Complaint about Rude Employees
13. A customer feels you have ‘ripped’ them off
Role Play should ensure that the learner demonstrates some of the following:
· Work activities that allow interaction with multiple and diverse customer types to allow the leaner to respond to a range of requirements and customer needs
· Ability to provide a total quality service experience with knowledge of different customer preferences and ways to meet both stated and unstated requirements
· Customer service or complaint situations.
· Techniques for solving complaints including the principles and techniques involved in the management and organisation of any of the following:
i. Customer behaviou
ii. Customer needs research
iii. Customer relations
iv. Ongoing product and/or service quality
v. Problem identification and resolution
vi. Quality customer service delivery
vii. Record keeping and management methods
viii. Strategies for monitoring, managing and introducing ways to improve customer service relationships
ix. Strategies to obtain customer feedback
ROLE PLAY SCRIPT
ROLE-PLAY MARKING GUIDE (for trainer use only)
The Trainer is to assess the learner’s performance using the Customer Service Assessment Checklist provided below.
DID THE CANDIDATE’S ASSESSMENT SATISFACTORILY ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING:
Interprets and analyses textual information from a variety of sources and applies the knowledge that has been gained to evaluate standards for organisation’s products and services
Produces a range of text types to convey information, requirements or recommendations matching style of writing to purpose and audience
Clearly articulates systems and standards in a team environment using language suitable to diverse audiences
Uses listening and questioning techniques to obtain feedback and confirm understanding
Interprets and comprehends mathematical information in organisation’s business and customer service plans.
Recognises and applies organisational protocols and meets expectations associated with own work
Identifies and uses appropriate conventions and protocols when communicating with colleagues and customers
Collaborates with others, taking into account their strengths and experience, to achieve desired outcomes
Provides support in field of expertise to team
Develops and implements plans using logical processes and monitors and evaluates progress against stated goals
Accepts responsibility for addressing complex or non-routine difficulties, applying problem solving processes in determining a solution.
Uses digital technology to access, organise and present information in a format that meets requirements
THE OVERALL PERFORMANCE WAS
NOT YET COMPETENT
Customer Service, Assessment No.2 Page 1
v1.0, Last updated on 27/04/2018 by MM