Due Friday, Week 7
Financial Markets and Institutions - Final Project Scope Document
The objectives of the final project are for you to learn about a topic relevant to this course, research the issues, and communicate your understanding/learning and perspectives on the topic.
Individual Written Paper
The paper should be between 5-7 pages, excluding the title, table of contents, graphs and bibliography. The paper should be fully consistent with the APA style guide and should be in strict conformity with Berkeley College Academic Integrity policies.
The paper should not be just a recitation of the facts of the situation. It is important to go beyond the facts by asking and analyzing the important questions related to WHY and HOW. Do not get overly broad in your paper. Research your topic and narrow it down to a specific set of research objectives.
For instance, if the topic you have selected is moral hazard in lending you could research the hazards endemic to mortgage lending. This topic draws on the fundamentals of financial markets, the role of bank and non-banks, market regulations and oversight, lending products, and evaluation of market risk (credit agencies). Additionally, you could draw on human behavior, human biases and the collective energy of institutions and markets to transfer risk based on information asymmetry. Again, remember the subject is very large in scope and therefore, focusing your research topic is essential.
Key components that you must have
- Section on research Scope
- Section on Conclusion
- Charts and Data in the Appendix
- In text citations and bibliography (do not use “pedias”)
You will be required to interact with your professor so that proper development and effective assistance can be provided.
The grading weights are described in the grading rubrics below. The paper must confirm to APA style. Failure to do will result in reduction of grades by 10%.
Each student will select a topic from the list below. The paper isdue Friday evening, week 7.
Final Paper Topics
- Financial Markets in Developing Countries
- Financial Markets and Interest rates
- Moral Hazard in the Financial Markets
- Systemic risk contagion in global markets.
- Insurance Market for Health Care – ACA, ACA reform, and/or ACA replacement
- Insurance Markets for other products
- FederalReserve System and Policies
- Commercial Banking
- Stockand Bond markets
- Foreign Exchange Markets
- Any relevant topicrelating to the course
- You should select your topic before the end of week 3, and submit the topic to me with a brief description (two paragraphs) on your paper topic.
- In week 4, you must send me 2 pages description on your final paper project. You should have a table of contents, introduction section, and outline the issues you are going to address.
- Week 7 you should submit your final paper byFriday, August 7th.