You are required to critically review the literature on any three (3) topics covered in this course using various academic journals, periodicals, books, reports and website information. Basically, it is critically reviewing the recent academic literature and critically analysing the literature you have read and have an interest in your chosen three topics.
Write a 3000 word critical review essay providing a critique (detailed analysis) on these three topics . Your report should demonstrate that you have researched and evaluated the strategic roles in these three topics, and critically analysed contributions of operations in supply chains in industries (CO2). Your essay report should have assessed and critiqued the ongoing trends and developments in operations management both locally and internationally (CO4) in these three topics.
Most importantly the essay should include: a concise description of the chosen topics, empirical findings, on going trends and the latest developments in the chosen topics, strategic roles of the chosen topicsand their importance to operations management and supply chain locally and internationally. The topics that should be chosen are from Topics 2 to 9 from your Study Guide.
This assignment requires you to use a minimum of ten (10) sources of academic references including at least six (6) academic and peer reviewed journal articles. The method of referencing is the Harvard-UniSA Referencing system within context. An omission to include six journal articles or incorrect use of the Harvard -UniSA referencing system will result in a failure for the Referencing component (worth 10 marks). Most of the references should be within the last the 10 years.
Format:The argument will be presented in essay format and will have introduction, discussion (body) and conclusion sections. At the end of the conclusion, you need to provide your learning outcomes. The objective of this assessment is to develop analytic capabilities in students through critically reviewing, reflecting and critiquing the literature.
Requirements for Assignment 3:
- Use Arial Font size 12
- 1.5 line spacing
- Reference list on a separate page after conclusion
- Journal articles preferably within last 10 years
- Use of Harvard-UniSA Style of referencing only and Do NOT use footnotes
- Print word count at the end of your assignment (after Learning outcomes section)
- Print your name on the first page only
- Number each page consecutively
Note:The body of the assignment should contain around 3000 words (+ or – 300 words) excluding the reference list.
Marking criteria and standards
Marks will be awarded for:
- relevance of your review to the course
- clarity of expression with clear and succinct description of the topic
- originality and creative thought and research up-to-date with the topic
- reflections on theory/ applications related to the chosen topics
- correct documentation and use of at least ten (10) sources of references including six(6) academic journal articles (preferably published since 2010)
- good format/ structure
- logical planning and sequence
- use of inclusive language
- overall presentation, including correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- comprehensive coverage reflecting engagement with readings, texts and other relevant materials.
- Use of Harvard-UniSA Style of referencing for in-text citations and listing
The main sections of the report are:
- Introduction (10 marks)
- Body - Literature Review and reflection / critique on three (3) topics of student’s choice. 20 marks each X 3 (60 marks)
- Conclusion (5 marks)
- Learning Outcomes (5 Marks)
- Overall presentation (10 marks)
- Referencing (10 marks)
Students will not be able to re-submit assignments. Thus, it is important to discuss any queries or problems with the course coordinator before the assignment is due.Guidelines on preparing assignments, including essay and report writing can be found at the following Study Help website: https://lo.unisa.edu.au/course/view.php?id=4074
Thisassessment will be treated similar to an open book take home exam,hence, only a minimal written feedback will be given.