Akansha answered on
Jun 08 2020
Project Proposal Development-the case of Risks in Construction industry
1. Background 2
2. Research Questions 2
3. Methodology 4
Data collection 4
Data Analysis or Interpretation 5
Qualitative assessment: 5
Quantitative assessment of the data: 5
Validity of Potential Results or Findings 6
4. Project Management 6
a. Scope of the Project 6
. Process and time-line 7
c. Uncertainties and Risks Control 9
d. Communication Management 10
5. Progress Statement 11
Any change in the project environment or the scope of the project can lead to significant risks and uncertainties that might have different impacts on the successful completion of the project. The extent to which these risks or uncertainties might impact the project is highly dependent upon the factor or the element that is generating the change. (Pa
y and Lind, 2016)For example, the distinct backgrounds of the individuals associated with the project, their expectations, or beliefs can result in different uncertainties within the scope of the project.
As in the case of the construction industry, the nature of the projects associated with the industry is quite complex. (The key focus of the project will be on the project related to big scale real estate development projects like construction of residential buildings, society, apartments, and malls etc.) The unique nature of the projects coupled with the high level of complexities can give rise to significant uncertainties that might challenge the success of the project. These uncertainties can arise following a number of different reasons or sources such as the project size, the fluctuating costs for raw materials, the background of the involved people or workers and several other reasons. (Laslo, 2010)
Such factors create a different perspective amongst the associated stakeholders and give rise to different feedbacks regarding the processes in place, in turn further elevating the level of complexity associated with the project. As specified by academic experts, Risks in projects can be defined as the uncertainties or the resultants of the same that might present a threat to the success of the project itself. Each of these uncertainties or complexities can generate or create several risks that might hamper the execution as well as the implementation of the projects. (Pa
y and Lind, 2016)
The targeted project aims to identify and analyze the key complexities, uncertainties or risks that may impact the chances of success for construction projects. The following research proposal will highlight the methodology and the approaches to be followed throughout the scope of the project. The proposal will discuss the data collection methodologies, data documentation and the different techniques that will be used for analysis and the assessment of the data collected. (Laslo, 2010)
2. Research Questions
The key aim of this project will be to identify the key risks associated with the construction industry. The following research questions set the baseline for the projects. They basically act as the catalysts for the whole research idea and how the researcher wants to approach the same. These research questions also act as the first milestone for the project where the researcher decides the starting and the ending point for the whole project. (Laslo, 2010)
Following is a more detailed view of the key research questions that the target project intends to answer: (The research questions given in the initial proposal presented only a
ief overview whereas the following is a more detailed and focused illustration of the same.)
· What are the possible risks that are associated with the construction industry?
· What are the key factors behind the possible risks or threats associated with the construction industry?
· Are there any implications for the safety and health of the workers indulged in the industry following these risks or uncertainties?
· What are the possible factors that can contribute towards worker’ health and safety regarding risks?
· Are there some legal conducts and laws regarding the management of risks in construction industry projects?
· What is the difference between the situations of the project risks in the global industry and the Australian industry specifically?
· What are the legal practices and codes of conduct that can impact the level of risk management in the construction industry? (globally)
· What are the practices implemented by the Australian government to guide the project management approach in the construction industry?
· Who are the key stakeholders that are associated with the development of these projects and who might be impacted by the identified risks?
· What are the financial implications such as loss, that is associated with these risks and threats in the construction industry?
· What strategies are used by the major construction industry organization to counter or tackle such risks?
· What are the possible gaps that are still persistent and are a core reason behind the inability of the organizations to address these risks?
· How can the organization address these gaps?
· What are the possible recommendations or ideas that are cu
ently presented amongst the employees of the organizations?
· What are the logistical challenges in the implementation of these challenges?
These research questions will play a crucial role in deciding the focus of the plan as well as defining the key information elements that will be used to direct the flow of the research project. Additionally, these research questions will be used to define and plan the funding and resources that will be required for the project execution and implementation. (Heerkens, 2015) In other words, these research questions basically connect the users to the identified needs and the key requirements of the process as well as the research objectives. Hence, the resources planning becomes significantly easier with the help of these resources.
Another key aspect that proves the importance of these research questions is the value addition in form of information and the knowledge discovered following the discoveries made while answering these questions. In other words, the obtained results to these questions will be of subjective value to the researcher as well as the other stakeholders associated with the project. (Heerkens, 2015)
Targeted objectives for the research:
By addressing the above-mentioned questions the research project aims to address or successfully target the following given a set of objectives:
· Understanding the risks and the key reasons behinds the same in the construction industry.
· Exploring the risk identification and management practices that are used in the construction industry.
· Understanding the evident gaps in the cu
ent practices and desired result state of the organization.
· Analysing and evaluating the best practices that are used in the construction industry.
These research questions and objectives will serve as the baseline as well as the guiding instruction for the whole research. (Heerkens, 2015)
The key focus of this project is to identify the evident risks and threats in the construction industry followed by the key management practices that are used by the managers and the industry leaders to mitigate these issues or risks. The success of an organization lies within the skills and the efforts put in by its employees, similarly, for a project team, it is the efforts of the team members that prove to be the deciding factors for the success or failure of the project. (Ba
ell, 2017) Hence, the most important contributor to this research will the stakeholders who are associated with the development side of the project. Following is a detailed description of all the stakeholders who are associated with the project development in real estate buildings...