Note: You should be familiar with the chapter in the textbook named Managing Individual Differences and Behavior.
Before you begin this assignment, you might find this video on Conversational Intelligence (Links to an external site.) to be relevant to your own career path and professional development.
As you continue your consultant role for the company you selected, you realize many of the managers are lacking in what we call Emotional Intelligence or EI. You want to provide a workshop in EI for all levels of management in the company. However, before you organize such a workshop, you realize you must examine your own level of EI before taking any further steps.
· Prepare a report using APA style, approximately 2 pages long, not including the cover page and the reference page. You should use at minimum two resources for this report. One resource can be your textbook; the second should be an outside resource regarding EI and organizational leadership and behavior. Use the outline in bold font for the headings in your report.
Your report should contain the following:
Introduction (Remember: Introduction is not a heading; the Running head serves this purpose.)
Your introduction should define Emotional Intelligence and relate the importance of EI to organizational success.
· Traits of Emotional Intelligence
· Provide a
ief description (in your own words) of the four traits of EI as presented by Knicki and Williams in your textbook.
· Raising Emotional Intelligence Awareness
· Discuss one self-assessment method to become aware of EI level.
· Identify one strength and one weakness you possess.
· Present a plan for enhancing areas of Emotional Intelligence.