You are required to develop a strategic marketing plan for a hotel chain (Hilton Hotels Group)
You need to undertake an analysis of the selected organization’s market(s) and an assessment of its position in that market as a basis for developing marketing objectives and strategies to meet the organization’s challenges over the next 3 years
Your report must contain the following headings:
2. External Analysis
3. Competitor Analysis ( please focus in Sydney; Sheraton, Hyatt, etc )
4. SWOT Analysis
5. Positioning and Segmentation
6. Marketing Objectives and Strategies for the next 3 years
· Please also include Executive Summary (200 words approx.) in the Report
· Table of Contents is also required
· Minimum of 8 References
· Please REFER TO HILTON SYDNEY use example from Hilton SYDNEY Hotel because I am studying in Sydney
(Please use simple English hospitality terminologies due to the fact that I am international student and English is not my first language).
SOME TIPS FROM ME ABOUT SWOT ANALYSIS:
SWOT ANALYSIS (or SWOT matrix) is a strategic planning technique used to help a person or organization identify the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats related to business competition or project planning. It is intended to specify the objectives of the business venture or project and identify the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving those objectives. Users of a SWOT analysis often ask and answer questions to generate meaningful information for each category to make the tool useful and identify their competitive advantage.
Strengths and Weakness are frequently internally-related, while Opportunities and Threats commonly focus on environmental placement.
· Strengths: characteristics of the business or project that give it an advantage over others
· Weaknesses: characteristics of the business that place the business or project at a disadvantage relative to others
· Opportunities: elements in the environment that the business or project could exploit to its advantage
· Threats: elements in the environment that could cause trouble for the business or project