Microsoft Word - Document4
Assessment Event 1 – Individual Report and Presentation
Due: Week XXXXXXXXXXWord limit/slide limit: 1000 words and 7 slides
Weighting: 20% Learning Outcomes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
Graduate Attributes: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6
Much consumer buying behaviour is created around marketing that is designed by commercial organisations to make consumers use or buy its products
and services. However, there is another category of marketing, usually not for profit, that typically encourages its target consumers to do something for
health reasons or for the general public good. The marketing will often be from a government department or public service organisation.
Find a newspaper, magazine or video advert from a government or public service organisation in Australia . This needs to be an official advert/commercial
that has been posted by the advertiser or a creative agency, on a website or in a magazine newspaper or other media. Please note that videos must be no
longer then 90 seconds. The advert/commercial must be presented and/or introduced on one page at the beginning of the report and appropriately
eferenced in Harvard AGPS format. This advert presentation/introduction will not be included on your word count. This assessment event is in two parts.
Part 1 Business Report (10%)
Write a business report of 1000 words that;
• Describes what problem the advertisement is trying to activate and how it is trying to activate this problem
• Summarises what the intention or purpose of the advertisement is and what it is trying to achieve
• Explains how the problem can be solved
• Profiles the target audience and explain why it is the ‘target’ for this advertisement
• Identifies and analyses the activation strategies used by the advertiser in relation to the target audience
• Suggest an alternative problem activation strategy and explain whether you think it would be more effective.
• You must apply the appropriate theory to aspects of the problem recognition raised in the advert, and so provide critical analysis.
• Identify, analyse and critique the selected strategy employed.
Written submissions should be a maximum of 1000 words in length which excludes the table of contents, and list of references. It should be professionally
presented, with supporting visuals including diagrams, sketches, photos and other relevant illustrations. This report should also draw on theoretical
eadings in addition to the textbook, all referencing to be from credible sources. Harvard AGPS referencing is required and a list of references.
Part 2 Presentation (10%)
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation that outlines what you believe are the five key discussion points of your report and explain why. There should be one
slide only per discussion point and there should be no more than five bullet points or fifty words (excluding headings) on each slide. There should also be
one opening slide with the topic and your name and one slide with the advert from part 1. The slides must be submitted on the Moodle via Turnitin on the
Tuesday of week 5.
You will present to the class in week. You should presentation should effectively summarise your key discussion points using the appropriate theory to
support. You will have 5-7 minutes to complete your presentation.