This assignment requires you to develop a case study showcasing the international tourism system of an
international destination location. You have selected the location prior to Week 3. The assignment will
develop critical thinking, analysis and literacy skills to synthesise information related to theories studied
in this unit.
Identify the main issues for the location as a tourism destination and contrast these with concepts from
at least twenty (20) recent and relevant academic literature sources. Assessment 2 (Annotated
Bibliography) will assist with additional literature required. You can draw on other sources to support.
Follow the structure and criteria below.
Case study structure
1. Introduce the location and outline main themes to be discussed and analysed in the case study. (100
2. Provide analysis of tourist visitation to your location. Use relevant statistics to support your answer.
3. Explain what makes the destination attractive to tourists. Relate to the tourism system, motivation or
satisfaction theories in this unit. (250 words)
4. Identify and analyse issues related to tourism and destination development at the location. (750
5. Identify and analyse negative and positive impacts of tourism activity on the host community at the
location. (750 words)
6. Identify and discuss four (4) policy implications to achieve sustainable tourism outcomes for the
destination. (300 words)
Include a list of all references you have cited at the end of the case study (the reference list is not
included in the word count for this assessment).
Case study discussion
• Logical discussion and argument (3 marks)
• Clarity of expression (3 marks)
Case study analysis
• Introduction (2 marks)
• Tourism visitation (5 marks)
• Destination attractiveness (5 marks)
• Issue analysis (12 marks)
• Impacts of tourism (12 marks)
• Policy Implications (4 marks)
ect referencing within body of report (2 marks)
ect referencing style for reference list (2 marks)
Total (50 marks)