Report (2000 words) - Beerenberg Pty Ltd
You are the newly appointed supply chain executive of Beerenberg Pty Ltd. This South Australian family-owned business is located at Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills producing jams, pickles, condiments, sauces and dressings. The company has established an international reputation not only for their premium quality products, but also for their farm premises being a tourist attraction. Customers can pick their own strawberries or witness their jam-making process in the kitchen.
Most of the fruit are grown on the farm and only the most superior fruit are selected for their jams, pickles, condiments, sauces and dressing. The factory is also located on the farm itself to ensure that the fruit harvested are still fresh before being processed. Firmly rooted in an ethos of ‘100 per cent real’, the company’s products are made using traditional recipes and contain no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives. This helps to maintain their quality and brand name. Their products are sold all over Australia, but the company has been expanding over the years and currently exports (around 20% of their products) mainly to the Asia Pacific region.
(Illustrative short videos about Beerenberg are also available on the learnonline website for your viewing).
Due to the continuous growth and increasing demand for their product lines, Beerenberg had recently constructed a new and bigger warehouse on site. The managing director, Anthony Paech is planning to expand their product lines overseas and thinking of entering new markets in Europe. As the supply chain executive of Beerenberg, you are required to advise Mr Paech the implications of the proposed expansion strategy.
Prepare a 2000-word (+/- 10%) formal report on the associated issues of globalisation that will impact the supply chain aspects of Beerenberg. You should identify FIVE (5) global supply chain issues, challenges and/or risks and provide recommendations to overcome them.
(Note that this is a real case scenario. Additional research on Beerenberg is not necessary for this assignment; so please do not contact the company or the managing director for information)
Format – the argument will be presented in a Report format. Suggested headings to be used include Executive Summary, Content page, Introduction, Supply Chain Issues (or challenges or risks or a combination of these), and Recommendations. Please use appropriate headings and sub-headings where necessary. The objective of this assessment is to enable you to situate yourself in and analyse the facts of the organisation, the situation and to present your analysis and recommendations in a report which is convincing, well supported and within word constraints. (Note that the content page, executive summary and reference list are NOT included in the 2000-word count).
This assignment piece requires at least TEN references to support your points in the report using the UniSA Harvard referencing system and including at least SIX academic journal articles. An omission to include these six journal articles or incorrect use of the UniSA Harvard referencing system will result in a failure for the referencing component.
- Use Arial font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing
- Reference list on a separate page after recommendations
- Use the UniSA Harvard Style of referencing only
- Do not use footnotes
- Print word count at the end of you assignment(after the recommendations section)
- Number each page
- Do not attach the feedback formin your submission (as this affects the similarity match in Turnitin)
Assessment of your assignment will take into account:
- Relevance of your response to the topic question set
- Clarity of meaning, originality and creative thought
- Supporting documentation for arguments. Your research material should be relevant, and be sourced from credible, academic references
- Proper acknowledgment of sources and appropriate referencing using the UniSA Harvard Referencing system.
- Logical planning and sequence
- Use of inclusive language
- Overall presentation, including layout, editing and punctuation
- Adequate research, reflecting engagement with set readings, text(s), journals and other relevant materials
Content page (2 marks)
1-page executive summary (10 marks)
Introduction (8 marks)
Overview of issues/challenges/risks and how they impact supply chain operations (10 marks)
Recommendations (50 marks)
English Expression (10 marks)
Referencing (10 marks)
TOTAL 100 marks
Please also refer to the feedback proforma for details