Produce two print advertisements
| || |
| || |
| || |
This Assessment Task is due on the date specified by your assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor.
Submit this document with any required evidence attached. See specifications below for details.
You must demonstrate ability, knowledge and skills to create (or oversee the creation of) two mass print advertisements that meet the requirements of the creative brief.
You must develop (or oversee the development of) two mass print advertisements (two of print, magazine or outdoor). You must submit a report on the advertisements, explaining how the advertisements meet the specifications of the creative brief and summarising your knowledge of the advertising industry.
1. Use the creative brief developed for Assessment 1 or use another creative brief supplied to you by the assessor.
2. Select two types of advertisement from the list below. You must produce (or oversee the production of) two mass print advertisements of the two types that you did not select in Assessment Task 1.
a. A newspaper advertisement.
b. A magazine advertisement.
c. An outdoor advertisement.
3. Identify the delivery requirements for one source of each two types of advertising forum in terms of layout requirements, file size, file type, etc. Determine the cost or cost options for advertising in this forum.
4. Create (or oversee the creation of) two mass print media advertisements. For each:
a. determine and produce the elements of the print advertisement to communicate the required image, features and benefits of the product or service
b. size and position each element of the print advertisement to achieve balance and focus for the advertisement
c. ensure the typeface selections suit the product and the central idea of the advertisement and balance the layout of white space and margins
d. ensure the layout of the advertisement unifies the elements, attracts the reader to the focus and guides the reading sequence
e. ensure the advertisement meets the requirements of the advertising brief and that it meets legal and ethical requirements.
5. Write a report that (in no more than 500 words per point):
a. explains how each part of the creative brief is reflected in the two advertisements
b. explains how the two advertisements meet principles and elements of design used in print advertisements
c. describes the features of the advertising industry and how the industry is changing
d. explains the principles and purposes of advertising
e. outlines range of available advertising approaches for different markets
f. outlines ethical principles relevant to advertising industry
g. explains how ethical principles are supported by Consumer Law.
You must submit:
● two advertisements.
Your assessor will be looking for two print advertisements that:
● communicate the required image, features and benefits of the product or service
● use the sizes and positions of each element to achieve balance and focus for the advertisement
● use typeface/font selections to suit the product and the central idea of the advertisement
● have a layout that unifies the elements, balances white space and margins, attracts the reader to the focus and guides the reading sequence
● meet the requirements of the advertising/creative brief and legal and/or ethical constraints.
Your assessor will also be looking for:
● creativity and innovation skills to write engaging text for a variety of audiences
● visual and design techniques to communicate advertising messages efficiently and effectively
● key features of an industry, services, products and organisation
● principles and purposes of advertising
● principles and elements of design used in print advertisements
● range of available advertising approaches for different markets
● key provisions of relevant legislation, codes of practice and national standards affecting business operations
● ethical principles relevant to the advertising industry.