INF 80018 Enterprise Architecture, Strategy and Governance
Weight – 30%
Word limit – 1000 words
Due – Week 7 (the beginning of the lecture)
Application landscape diagrams are very useful tools for describing a cu
ent application portfolio and can be used to highlight applications that are not fit-for-business purpose, out of support as well as other application constraints and risks. Generally, an enterprise architect will begin with such a diagram to demonstrate the extent to which an existing application portfolio supports a new strategy.
1) Build an application landscape diagram (like the example below), but for the Safeway Supermarket Chain. Identify the key business competencies (e.g. Customer Management) and related functions (e.g. Contact Management, Customer Insights), like those in the diagram.
2) Provide a one sentence description for each of the key business competencies. These descriptions must be presented in a list style, as per the following format.
1) Business competency name – one sentence description.
2) Business competency name – one sentence description.
3) Business competency name – one sentence description.