Project – Video and Executive Summary
Worth 50 Percent
Individual 10-minute video + References and Appendix
Group of Max. 3—15-minute video + 1,500-word Executive Summary
There is to be no editing of the video. Use your smartphone or a video recorder.
Video and Executive Summary to be submitted to Blackboard via the Assignments Folder
Do not simply read your report for the video. You need to present in a professional manner, which means you must look into the camera so your audience remains engaged.
The written report must be of a high standard and make full use of ECU Librarians and SBL Skills centre staff through emails and videos available on ECU web sites.
Also do research of the quality of report writing expected from employers today. Who do you want to work for? Write to a standard that would secure you a job with them.
*No individual/group can examine firm/firms from their home country (example: An Australian cannot examine an Australian company: An German cannot examine a German company)
The Project Covers Chapters 8 to 14 within the text.
Here is the assignment 2 question:
This assignment creates a situation where you have to do research about a country– this is typically what an MNC has to do when considering whether to set up trade links with a foreign partner or invest in another country.
Your company plans to export products or to invest in New Zealand. Would you recommend exporting/investing to this market? Why/why not? Highlight the pros and cons of exporting/investing to this market in your answer.
Your answer will be based around but not limited to the following:
- Identify the country and industry of your company.
- Identify goods/services that you are offering.
- What strategy in the 2x2 matrix of international strategies (pp XXXXXXXXXX), if any, best suits your company
- What entry mode would you suggest for the company?
- Why this is the right country for you to export, invest to or work with?
- Should your firm adopt a concentrated or decentralized manufacturing strategy? What considerations should the firm have in choosing the location of its subsidiary(ies)? Why?
- What HR approach, if any, would you pursue, where do you find workforce, justify your choice.
- It is up to you to produce a professional business report with references (APA or Harvard Style) relying on various industry, company, country reports available freely or at cost.
You will be assessed not only on the content, but structure, communication, writing excellence, professionalism, referencing and other academic and practical criteria.
You will work in the same groups as assignment 1.
See Pages 13 and 14 of this Unit Plan for the Marking Criteria. The marking criteria will directly reflect requirements of the Faculty of Business and Law as clearly outlined within the skills-based materials provided by the SBL Skills Centre.
*Very important to note that both assessments will be reviewed at length in Class 1: Do not miss this class.