You are to select 1 business that does not already have a Web site and develop an Internet strategy for it. Most
large corporations already have Web sites, so you may have to think of something on a smaller scale such as a local
ike store. Sole proprietorship businesses that provide services like car repair, house cleaning, tax preparation, and
that use the Internet and similar services are also good options. You will also consider and describe how the
usiness that you select can use social media to achieve its objectives. Use the Internet and the li
ary to research
and analyze markets and competitors.
After selecting a business, you will need to answer the following questions:
• What Internet business model would be appropriate for the company to follow in creating a Web site and
• In what ways can the business benefit from a Web site? What functions should it perform for the
company (e.g., marketing, sales, customer support, internal communications, etc.)?
• In what other ways might the company use the Internet for its own benefit?
• Prepare functional specifications for the company's use of the Web and the Internet. Include links to and
from other sites in your design.
• Prepare a list of technological specifications for implementation (e.g., what hardware and software are
necessary to support your design)?