Write a report on the sexual or reproductive health inequalities for a specific population group.
Choose a population group with sexual and/ or reproductive health inequalities from the following options:
· Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders;
· gay/lesbian /bisexual women in Australia;
· female sex workers;
· male prisoners;
· transgender people.
Please focus on analysis, interpretation and developing recommendations, rather than writing a purely descriptive paper.
In this assignment you are expected to:
· Identify the population group you have selected and briefly provide some background on the demographics of the group;
· Analyse and interpret current monitoring, surveillance and health research data related to sexual or reproductive health and highlight where there are inequalities
· Reference the evidence of the health status and needs of the group to Identify the determinants of sexual or reproductive health experienced by the group (you may need to look at the male/female/transgender people within the group, or break it down by age or location/remoteness category) and analyze who, within the sub population,is likely to experience the greatest level of health inequality
· Describethe social, cultural and political factors that place this group at risk of sexual and reproductive health inequality andoutline the factors that may act as a barrier to accessing health care for the group you have chosen
· Identify specific risk and protective factors
· End the report with evidence-based recommendations for reducing the health inequality experienced by this group
The text has relevant chapters and is a good starting point for this assignment: Temple-Smith, M., & Gifford, S. (Eds.).(2014)Sexual Health: an Australian perspective. East Hawthorn: IP Communications.
Also see the national and state specific sexual health strategies for ideas.