A critique of a seminal DMKD pape
This assignment is to produce, in a manner of a critical review, a 10-12 page paper which discusses the importance of a research paper published in the last few years. As part of that review, you will need to canvas:
· The situation (ie, the open problem) before the paper was published,
· What it was that made this paper so important,
ief sketch of the solution proposed by the paper,
· What subsequent research and systems have flowed from this paper (both by the authors and by others)
· The open questions that remain unresolved,
· Anything else that you believe is interesting about the paper.
Your can choose any of the following papers (click to download pdf or ask me for a copy at the lecture):
· Agrawal, R., Imielinski, T. and Swami, A XXXXXXXXXXMining Association Rules Between Sets of Items in Large Databases. In Proc. ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, Washington DC, USA. 22. ACM Press XXXXXXXXXX.
· Ester, M., Kriegel, H.-P., Sander, J. and Xu, X XXXXXXXXXXA Density-Based Algorithm for Discovering Clusters in Large Spatial Databases with Noise. In Proc. Second International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Portland, Oregon. Simoudis, E., Han, J. and Fayyad, U., Eds., AAAI Press XXXXXXXXXX.
· Agrawal, R. and Srikant, R XXXXXXXXXXMining sequential patterns. In Proc. Eleventh International Conference on Data Engineering, Taipei, Taiwan. Yu, P. S. and Chen, A. S. P., Eds., IEEE Computer Society Press. 3-14.
Format of pape
Papers should be ten pages long in the format specified (approximately) in the CRPIT Style available at http:
crpit.com/CRPITTemplate.rtf. Don't wo
y about copyright notice!
Submission of Assignment
All assignment 3's should be submitted to FLO by the due date in PDF (only - ie.