Melbourne Institute of Technology Pty Ltd
CRICOS Provider No: 01545C, 03245K NSW
Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
School of Business
Master of Professional Accounting (MPA)
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Dr Eijaz Khan
Unit Learning Outcomes Addressed:
a. Critically review the global movement of entrepreneurship, the significance and practice of entrepreneurship/innovation, including social entrepreneurship.
· All work must be submitted on Moodle by the due date (as above) along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
· The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Cali
i (Body) font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings.
· Reference sources must be cited in the text of the Assessment Task, and listed appropriately at the end in a Reference List using APA 6th edition for the School of Business. https:
Extension / Special Consideration
· If an extension of time to submit work is required, an Application for Special Consideration and supporting documentation must be submitted online via your Academic Management System (AMS) login: https:
· The Application for Special consideration must be submitted no later than three (3) working days after the due date of the specific piece of assessment or the examination for which you are seeking Special Consideration. In the case of serious illness, loss or bereavement, hardship or trauma students may be granted special consideration.
· Academic Misconduct is a serious offence. Depending on the seriousness of the case, penalties can vary from a written warning or zero marks to exclusion from the course or rescinding the degree. Students should make themselves familiar with the full policy and procedure available at: https:
www.mit.edu.au/about-mit/institute-publications/policies-procedures-and-guidelines/AcademicIntegrityPolicyAndProcedure. For further information, please refer to the Academic Integrity Section in your Unit Description.
Please respond to the following question based on your learnings in this course to date. Your response should be approximately 500 words. Note - this is an open book assessment.
Based on your own experience and observations - discuss the importance of entrepreneurs in economy.
Marking Criteria: Formative assessment
= or >80%
· Understanding of subject matter and appreciation of issues
· Demonstrate sufficient and appropriate real-life information to support the key points, and evidence of insight and originality where appropriate.
Exceptionally clear understanding of subject matter and appreciation of issues; clearly and logically organised with excellent presentation.
Addresses all of the assessment criteria to a very high standard. Evidence of insight and originality where appropriate
Strong grasp of subject matter and appreciation of key issues.
Addresses all the assessment criteria, with several to a high standard; clearly and logically organised with good presentation. Evidence of solid work.
Competent understanding of subject matter and appreciation of most of the main issues.
Addresses most of the assessment criteria reasonably well. Competent organisation and presentation.
Demonstrates appreciation of subject matter and issues.
Addresses most of the assessment criteria adequately but may lack in depth and
eadth. Often work of this grade demonstrates only basic comprehension or competency. Work of this grade may be poorly structured and presented
Evidence of lack of understanding of subject, minimal or inadequate comprehension.
Does not address the assessment criteria. Work is often inadequate in depth and
eadth and sometimes incomplete or i
elevant; lack of care and thought in organising, presenting and structuring work
Assessment Cover Sheet
All work must be submitted via Turnitin by the due date. If an extension of time to submit work is required, a Special Consideration Application must be submitted. Further information is available at:
Academic Misconduct is a serious offence. Depending on the seriousness of the case, penalties can vary from a written warning or zero marks to exclusion from the course or rescinding the degree. Students should make themselves familiar with the full policy and procedure available at: http:
www.mit.edu.au/about-mit/institute-publications/policies-procedures-and-guidelines/Plagiarism-Academic-Misconduct-Policy-Procedure. For further information please refer to the Academic Integrity Section in your Unit Description.
I/We declare that:
· the work contained in this assignment is my/our own work/group work, except where acknowledgement of sources is made;
· certify that this assessment has not been submitted previously for academic credit in this or any other course;
· I/we have read the MIT’s Plagiarism and Academic Misconduct Policy Procedure, and I/we understand the consequences of engaging in plagiarism;
· a copy of the original assignment is retained by me/us and that I/we may be required to submit the original assignment to the Lecturer and/or Unit Co-ordinator upon request;
I/we have not plagiarised the work of others or participated in unauthorised collaboration when preparing this assignment.
© MIT - Updated on July 2020 3