Reading questions for Patterns of World History, chapter 28(The textbook is"Patterns of World History" Third Edition, written by Peter von Sivers , Charles and George.)
This is a list of questions to help you identify important concepts and themes from the reading. Remember, positive contributions to class discussions can give your grade a big boost, so take advantage. In order to help you organize your thoughts and contribute to our discussion, I strongly encourage you to take reading notes. Write down the ideas you think are important, as well as any interesting facts or observations. Write down words you are unfamiliar with, as well as their definition. In particular, pay attention to and make a note of anything that you react strongly to – are you surprised by something that you learned here? Does it change the way you think about our world and its past?
1. What role did nationalism and imperialism play in the road to World War I?
2. How important were Asia, Africa, and the Pacific in the war?
3. Why did Japan enter WWI? What did they gain?
4. What factors caused the Russian revolutions in March and November of 1917?
5. Which three patterns of modernity emerged after World War I?