Reading questions for Ch. 26(The textbook is"Patterns of World History" Third Edition, written by Peter von Sivers , Charles and George.))
This is a list of questions to help you identify important concepts and themes from the reading. In order to help you organize your thoughts and contribute to our discussion, I strongly encourage you to take reading notes. Write down the ideas you think are important, as well as any interesting facts or observations. Write down words you are unfamiliar with, as well as their definition. In particular, pay attention to and make a note of anything that you react strongly to – are you surprised by something that you learned here?
1. Which were the natural and political resources that allowed Britain to industrialize?
2. What was the second wave of industrialism?
3. How were the working and living conditions of the urban working class in thenineteenth century?
4. Who was Karl Marx? Why did he call for classstruggle?
5. Why were the Impressionist and Post-Impressionist movements consider reactions against the industrialization?
Already registered? Login
Not Account? Sign up
Enter your email address to reset your password
Back to Login? Click here