ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY
Page 1 of 4
Assessment Controlled exam
Assessment code: 011
Academic Year: 2019/2020
Trimester: Tri 3/ Resit
Module Title: Significant Life Events and Coping
Module Code: MOD005914
Module Leader: Andrew Mantell
Word Limit: Up to 2000 words
Assessment date Examination paper will be released at 14:00 on 3 August 2020
Answers must be submitted no later than 14:00 on 4 August 2020
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
1. You must use the Harvard referencing system.
2. Do not write your name anywhere on your work.
3. All answers must be submitted in a single document.
4. You must number all pages.
5. There are two (2) questions; you are required to answer both questions.
6. This time constrained assessment is case study based; please read the case
study carefully before attempting the questions.
7. You are expected to use appropriate academic theory and models together
with related industry/market information to support your claims where relevant.
Mitigation: The deadline for submission of mitigation in relation to this assignment is no later than five
working days after the submission date of this work. Please contact XXXXXXXXXX
See rules 6.103 – 6.132: http:
No extensions or late submissions are permitted for exams.
Page 2 of 4
This exam is case-study based.
You are expected to refer to your study and research around the relevant case
study when attempting the task questions.
Page 3 of 4
Sarah and Lucio are both 27 years old. They have been dating for the past 3 years.
For the past year they have been living together and Sarah had been hoping that
Lucio would propose. However, last month, Lucio announced that he wanted to end
their relationship as he has found another partner.
1. Using one appropriate theory, analyse how Lucio’s decision may impact upon
Sarah and her wider social network. (60 marks)
2. Identify and analyse 3 coping strategies which Sarah may use to cope with
Lucio’s decision (40 marks)
END OF EXAMINATION PAPER
Page 4 of 4