Topic : Watch “China’s modern sexism” on LMS under this topic. With support from the literature, critically examine the mixed effects for women
ought about by the expansion of the consumer market in China under the economic reforms of recent decades.
Structure for all oral powerpoint presentations: (don’t forget to reference any visuals!).
Slide 1: Acknowledgement to country (slide available on web)
Slide 2: Include your name / student # on slide
· Appropriate title that clearly explains topic focus (do not repeat the question!)
· orally explain why the topic is of interest to you
Slide 3: introduction--a dot point outline of presentation
· theoretical focus—explain orally
· then 3 dot points (only) that will be discussed and why they are important for the topic question
Slide 4: Thesis statement that provokes audience interest
· then list your key terms / concepts used and orally explain their meaning
· Identify each of your allocated points from slide 3 (one point per slide) and orally enlarge upon it (remember to “say a lot about a little”)
· Dot point conclusion and ONE provocative question for audience discussion
· Reference list
Structure of critical reflection essay: (Use the same title as that used in the presentation )
Word limit is =750words
· Aims / objectives of the research project;
ief explanation of the topic’s focus and reasons for selected theoretical focus;
· Summarise which elements contributed to the strengths of your presentation and overall; discussion / argument—how and to what extent (should include reference to peer feedback);
· Summarise which elements contributed to the limitations of your presentation and discussion / argument—how and to what extent (should include reference to peer feedback);
· Why was this project important to you and what have you learned from it?
· What would you change if you had to apply the research to a potential project in the future?
· Reference list (not included in the word count; minimum of 3 required / additional readings; minimum of 3 sources related to your own research).