Dipali answered on
Sep 23 2023
WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT 12
Table of contents
Literature review 3
The Significance of Early Years Education 3
The Technological Landscape 5
Research Question Rationale 5
Benefits of Incorporating IT in Early Years Education 6
Drawbacks and Concerns 9
The foundation for a child's lifetime learning and growth is laid during the crucial period of early childhood education. The incorporation of Information Technology (IT) into early years education has grown to be a subject of significant interest and significance in today's increasingly digital environment. With an emphasis on kids ages 3-5, this literature review explores the complex area of IT's contribution to early childhood education. This investigation's main study question is: "What will happen if I use information technology in my practise for 3-5 years old?”
The Significance of Early Years Education
Early childhood education, which includes the preschool and kindergarten years, is extremely important for a child's growth. Children start a crucial journey of learning and development during these formative years that will have repercussions far into the future. The significance of early childhood education may be
oken down into three essential elements:
· Foundations for Lifelong Learning: Future educational experiences for a kid are built on the foundation of early childhood education. It offers the essential building blocks necessary for acquiring lifelong cognitive, social, and emotional abilities. During these formative years, abilities including language development, numeracy, and problem solving are developed, laying the groundwork for later learning (Jowsey et al., 2020).
· Social and Emotional Development: Social and emotional growth are heavily emphasised in early childhood education. Young toddlers learn how to engage socially, grow in empathy, and control their emotions. These abilities are essential not just for establishing healthy relationships but also for academic performance and long-term mental health (Oke & Fernandes, 2020).
· Language and Communication Skills: Early years play a vital role in
ain development, especially in areas connected to language and communication. The development of language competency and acquisition in young children is important for improving communication and literacy. A solid language foundation paves the way for eventual reading and writing competence (He, Zhang & Li, 2021).
· Preparation for Formal Education: Early childhood education acts as a transitional period between the family environment and official education. It introduces kids to regimented learning environments, daily schedules, and academic ideas. Children who may not have experienced organised learning at home need this adjustment in particular.
· Cognitive Development: A wide range of abilities, including as memory, attention, problem solving, and critical thinking, are all included in cognitive development. Early childhood education activities include kids in developmentally appropriate tasks and activities to boost cognitive growth.
· Inclusion and Equity: In order to overcome educational outcomes inequities, early childhood education is essential. For kids from underprivileged households, high-quality early education programmes can help level the playing field, na
owing the achievement gap and fostering social fairness.
· Parental Involvement: Parental participation and engagement in a child's educational journey are frequently encouraged in early childhood education. A sense of cooperation between the home and school settings is fostered by the perception of parents as collaborators in their children's education (Kim, 2020).
· Physical and Motor Skills: Fine and gross motor skill development is another key component of early childhood education. Physical dexterity and coordination are improved by pursuits like painting, sketching, and outdoor recreation.
· Cultural and Social Awareness: Early education may expose young children to a variety of cultures, languages, and viewpoints, encouraging tolerance and a wider perspective from an early age.
· Joy of Learning: Early childhood education should, maybe most crucially, foster a passion of learning. Early education should be fun and rewarding to foster a lifetime love of learning and a curiosity for the world (Alam, 2021).
The Technological Landscape
Technology has ingrained itself into daily life as civilization goes through an unparalleled digital transformation. Given that children are growing up su
ounded by digital gadgets, it is crucial for parents and teachers to think about how technology may be used in early education. Young learners now have access to new learning options thanks to the spread of smartphones, tablets, educational applications, and interactive platforms, which presents both potential and problems.
Research Question Rationale
What will happen if I use information technology in my practise for 3-5 years old? Was the research topic. Represents the increased interest among educators, parents, and policymakers in how early childhood education could be affected by IT. It highlights a basic wo
y about how to use technology effectively to help young learners while minimising hazards. This literature review aims to offer a thorough overview of the body of information already available on this subject, illuminating the possible advantages, disadvantages, and best practises of incorporating IT into early childhood education.
ied out a thorough search of academic databases, journals, and books concentrating...