In this task, the student needs review the provided scenario in the Subject I2 Site. The patient for this case analysis assessment is Mr David Porter. All of the details needed to complete this assessment can be found on the Subject I2 site under theAssessmentstab.
To complete this case analysis each question listed below must be completed and applied to Mr Porter's case. Throughout this case analysis, your responses need to be supported by current (less than seven (7) years), peer-reviewed, scholarly sources. The emphasis of this subject is the connection between theory and practice so the student needs to ensure that theory and evidence underpin all areas of their response.
Introduction (suggested 200 words)
· Comment on the importance of connection between theory and nursing practice;
· Outline the key aspects of the patient, Mr Porter;
· Outline the content of your paper.
Body (suggested 1600 words)
Question 1: Applythe A2K Assessment Framework (Primary and Secondary Survey) to Mr Porter's case anddifferentiatebetween the normal and abnormal clinical findings.Proposeat least two (2) nursing assessments that are indicated based on the abnormal findings andexplainwhy these assessments are necessary.
Question 2:Identifyone (1) nursing intervention (medicationORIntravenous fluidORblood product) that has been prescribed for the patient andexplain:
· why the intervention is specifically indicated;
· the safety considerations (including the '5 Rights') needed when a nurse is administering this intervention;
· why a nurse should administer the interventionORwhy a nurse might choose to withhold the intervention and seek clarification.
Question 3: Identify and relate one (1) Standard of Practice (NMBA, 2016)ANDone (1) fundamental responsibility from the ICN Code of Ethics for nurses (ICN, 2012) to the nursing care of the patient in the scenario.
Conclusion(recommended 200 words)
· Summarise the key points covered in the paper;
· Comment on the impact that the assessment has had on your learning about the connection between theory and nursing practice;
· Do not include new information in this section
Throughout this case analysis, your responses need to be supported with a minimum of 12 current (less than 5 years), peer-reviewed, scholarly sources.