In this assignment, you will design and code your first JavaFX application that defines you to the world. The application displays your name and your favorite food in a font of your choice. In addition, the JavaFX application displays a picture of you and a picture of your favorite sport.
To start a JavaFX project in NetBeans, go to the NetBeans File menu and select New Project... Under Categories, select Java with Maven. Under Projects, select Simple JavaFX Maven Archetype (Gluon). Click the Next button and on the following panel enter a name for the project. Set the Group ID to edu.capella.bsit. Change the javafx-version property to 16. Click the Finish button to generate the project. In the edu.capella.bsit package, you will see a file called App.java that contains a starting code for the JavaFX application. Replace the code in the start() and main() methods with the code for your application. You can delete the SystemInfo.java file.
Your program output should look like the sample output provided in the "Develop Your First JavaFX Application " course file.Complete instructions and required templates are included in the Resources.
Your assignment will be scored on the following criteria:
1. Design a program that meets basic JavaFX display requirements.
2. Code an application that displays text and images.
3. Test the application and document this testing.
4. Explain the approach taken to complete the assignment and the major decisions made.
5. Communicateefficiently, effectively, and in an appropriate manner for an IT professional.