ECON430 International Dimension
Dr.. Frank Lawrence
Final Team Project
Putting it all to work.
This project should yield you in-depth experience from your own research and thinking plus extended learning from
collaboration with your teammates’ work.
Jamaica. Before you start, for background, view http://misc.docuwat.ch/videos/reports/life-and-debt
Recommend a business venture in/with Jamaica that can have both profit and positive social outcomes.
Your recommendation may be:
--An export or import trade concept
--An investment concept, or
--An affiliation / locally-partnered concept.
Regardless of what your choose, your concept must:
1. Identify an opportunity (based on data or news analysis—See resources below plus the syllabus links)
2. Identify the means or process of how you would approach this opportunity (Resources below or other)
3. Recognize and address any cultural, tariff, currency and political barriers
4. Prove that you can bank your profit in US dollars. (Hint: you may need a circular strategy)
5. Include a SWOT analysis (Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats) See BB for links on this.
I encourage you to explore and use the resources we talk about in class, as well as any from the Mercy library
online databases https://www.mercy.edu/academics/libraries/. ABI Inform has a significant amount of business
news and journal articles that might be of value http://rdas-
1. Post a written recommendation or PowerPoint handout on the project Discussion board. Extensive text not
required. If written form, no more than 3-5 pages are needed. Bullet-point treatment ok, just so I
understand your arguments and how the data supports them.
2. Comment, critique posting on two of your classmates’ postings. Must include challenging question or
suggestion of improvement, with rationale from our...
Already registered? Login
Not Account? Sign up
Enter your email address to reset your password
Back to Login? Click here