CRS XXXXXXXXXXBachelor of Community Mental Health, Alcohol & Other Drugs
Date: Wednesday 5th August 2020
Class time: XXXXXXXXXXpm
Online study: resources accessed remotely through Moodle
Course based at Chisholm Institute, Berwick Campus
CONTEXT OF THE MENTAL HEALTH INDUSTRY B
Session 3- Task 1 Article Review Activity
Review the assessment criteria for task 1 within the overview of assessments section of the unit guide. Research the literature to find a peer reviewed article that provides information on new guidelines for evidence-based practice, reviews or changes existing treatment practice or refines or extends existing knowledge in mental health or AOD. Read the articles available in session 3 resources folder of CMHI B Moodle page to support your writing. Build your article review plan by following the outline below in the order stated.
Forward an electron copy of your plan using this outline as a Word document attachment to XXXXXXXXXX before Saturday 22nd August 2020. Ensure you include your name at the top of the question sheet and name your electronic document:
Family name first name CMHI B session 3 article review activity
1. Brief description of the area of investigation/ short working title
2. Cite the article using APA referencing if you have identified the article you will be reviewing
3. Introduce the article and outline the main themes and the authors thesis. The introduction should sum up your thesis with positives and negatives identified.
4. In your own words, summarize the article, including claims and findings. Evaluate if the evidence within the article or elsewhere supports the assertions.
5. Critique the article and weigh up the strength of the evidence. Your opinions should be supported by evidence from the literature.
6. Conclude the report with an overview of your discussion and possible directions for further research.
HEBCHCS103 Context of the Mental Health Industry B