Answer the following questions. Show your work to get full marks. Submit your work through Edmodo, or by email at XXXXXXXXXX.
1. Evan wants to buy a whole chicken. A 4 lb chicken costs $7.99 at the local grocery store. A butcher sells a 4.8 lb chicken for $9.99. Where does Evan get the better deal?
2. Describe a situation that can be modelled by the graph below. Compare the rates of speed for each part of the graph.
3. A diagram of a floor plan is shown below. Each grid square represents 0.5 cm. The scale for the floor plan is 1 cm: 8 ft.
a. What are the dimensions of the living room?
. The owners of the house want to put siding up. They need to know how much siding they require. What is the perimeter around the house in feet?
4. A pizza parlour has three different sized pizzas. They have a small, medium and large. The small pizza has a diameter of 8” and costs $12. The scale factor that relates the diameter of the medium pizza to the diameter of the small pizza is 1.2. The scale factor that relates the diameter of the large pizza to the medium pizza is 1.5
a. Find the scale factor that relates the area of the medium pizza to the area of the small pizza.
. Find the area of the medium pizza.
c. Find the scale factor that relates the area of the large pizza to the area of the small pizza.
d. Find the area of the large pizza.
e. If price is proportional to the area of the pizza, find what the cost of a medium and large pizza should be.
5. A company designs wooden toy boxes in the shape of a rectangular prism. The toy boxes are similar in shape. The volume of the smaller toy box is 920 cu in. The volume of the larger toy box is 1780 cu in. The company uses a specialized paint to paint the inside of the toy boxes. It takes 2 cans of paint to paint the smaller toy box. How many cans of paint will it take to paint the larger toy box?