Assignment Week 4
Answer the following 15 questions by highlighting the correct answer for each question.
16. Dr. Betty Brown writes a prescription for Pam Pennison for Ceclor Susp 20 mg/kg/day po divided
q8h X 10 days. Pam is five years old and weighs 48 lb. How much will be given to Pam in each dose
if the pharmacy dispenses Ceclor 187-mg/5-ml susp?
a. 2.5 ml
b. 3.2 ml
c. 3.9 ml
d. 8.6 ml
17. If 80 ml of D70W is infused, how many milligrams of dextrose will the patient receive?
a. 56 mg
b. 560 mg
c. 5600 mg
d. 56,000 mg
18. Rx: Ceftazidime 3 gm X 9 doses. How many ceftazidime 1 0-gram vials will the technician need
to reconstitute to prepare the 9 doses?
19. A 100-ml IV bag has a strength of 30%. How many grams of solute does this represent?
a. 3 grams
b. 1.5 grams
c. 30 grams
d. 15 grams
20. How many grams of active ingredient will you need to prepare 2.5 gallons of a 45.6% solution?
c. 43,149 grams
d. 50,000 grams
21. Doxycycline 100-mg caps cost $23.40/100 caps and the pharmacy applies a 40% markup on cost.
What will a patient be charged for 60 caps?
22. Rx: Azithromycin 0.5 gm IVPB daily. The 500-mg vial states that the concentration after econstitution is "250 mg/5 ml." How many milliliters will need to be withdrawn to prepare one dose?
a. 5 ml
b. 7.5 ml
c. 10 ml
d. 25 ml
23. If you are using 258 ml of hydrochloric acid to prepare a total volume of 2 pints, what is the
percentage of hydrochloric acid?
24. What is the percent strength of 1 pint of solution containing 56 g of Camphor?
25. Rx.: Heparin [email protected] 2000 units/hr. The IV bag contains NS 1 L with 40,000 units of heparin. The IV
set delivers 15 gtt/ml. Calculate the rate in gtt/min.
a. 9 gtt/min
b. 10 gtt/min
c. 13 gtt/min
d. 15 gtt/min
26. Convert 1:10,000 to a percent strength.
Already registered? Login
Not Account? Sign up
Enter your email address to reset your password
Back to Login? Click here