What is the assessment asking and what are PHE’s Big Ambitions?
PHE stands for Public Health England, and the big ambitions can be found in Public Health England (2014) From evidence into action: opportunities to protect and improve the nation’s health. Available from: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/366852/PHE_Priorities.pdf
The assessment is asking you to pick one of the Big Ambitions on page 14. You will then need to write about the issues of doing this in one London locality.
Suggested Structure (3000 word limit):
Introduction (+-300 Words):
· Introduce your topic by identifying the big ambition and the locality you have chosen
· Explain why you have chosen this locality
· Explain why you have chosen this big ambition.
· Outline what you’re going to explore in your essay.
Issues for a London Locality (900 Words):
· Identify the key variables which determine health for your chosen PHE ambition
· Describe the impact of inequality on health for your chosen PHE ambition
· Explain the main challenges facing this issue in the UK and in your chosen locality
· Describe what is being done in the London locality to address it
· Outline any problems there have been with this implementation and the impact of life style choices on public health
· Investigate the key facets of health promotion in relation to your chosen topic
Critical review (1500 Words):
· Explore the concept of inter-professional working in contemporary health and social care
· Evaluate all relevant literature in terms of advantages and disadvantages for inter-professional working in practice.
· Outline any national policies that might have recommendations for inter-professional working how this might work in the chosen London locality
· Review the factors that apply and discuss how these are linked to achieving the chosen target for a London locality
Conclusion (300 Words):
· Emphasise or reinforce the key discussion points you have mentioned in your essay, but DO NOT introduce a new idea here.
· Summarise what you have explored
· Discuss areas for additional development.