Assignment 2: Data Governance and Data ManagementValue:18%Due date:19-Mar-2018Return date:11-Apr-2018Length:around 1000 wordsSubmission method optionsAlternative submission method
Question 1 [4 marks]:
Define and explain the concept of the following terminologies:
- Electronic Records Management;
- Business intelligence (BI) and Analytics;
- Data and text mining;
- Big data analytics and data discovery;
- Enterprise architecture;
- Management information systems;
- Data life cycle and data principles;
- Cloud computing.
Question 2 [2 mark]:
How does "data and text mining" create business value?
Question 3 [2 mark]:
What are the problems associated with cloud computing? Give two examples and provide some solutions.. Explain your answers.
Question 4 [5 marks]:
Study "Data Quality Determines Systems Success and Failure" in your text book [Chapter 2,IT at Work 2.1] and answer the following questions:
Question 5 [5 marks]:
- Why was an EIS designed and implemented?
- What problems did executives have with the EIS?
- What were the two reasons for those EIS problems?
- How did the CIO improve the EIS?
- What are the benefits of the new IT architecture?
- What are the benefits of data governance?
Study "Opening Case 3.1: Coca-Cola Manages at the Point That Makes a Difference" in your text book [Chapter 3] and answer the following questions:
- Why is it important for Coca-Cola to be able to process POS data in near real time??
- How does Coca-Cola attempt to create favorable customer experiences?
- What is the importance of having a trusted view of the data?
- What is the Black Book model?
- Explain the strategic benefit of the Black Book model.
1. be able to describe the business value and processes of ICT services in an organisation and understand the knowledge and skills of an enterprise architect in the workplace;
2. be able to investigate, analyse and evaluate the impact of new and current ICT services to an organisation;
3. be able to understand that effective IT Infrastructure Management requires strategic planning with alignment from both the IT and business perspectives in an organisation;
4. be able to demonstrate the technical and communications skills that contribute to ICT governance in an organisation;
5. be able to synthesise the key theoretical concepts with the technical and management issues in delivering ICT services to an organisation.
|Criteria||HD 85-100%||DI 75-84%||CR 65-74%||PS 50-64%||FL |
|Able to synthesize key theoretical concepts, while differentiating between current and future trends in ICT services and infrastructure management||Answer is correct, and complete. Comprehensive explanation is provided with appropriate examples. Demonstrated in-depth understanding of current and future trends, precisely synthesizing technical knowledge with practical application.||Answer is correct and a detailed explanation is provided. Demonstrated considered explanation of current and future trends. Evidence of synthesizing technical knowledge with practical application.||Answer is correct, but the explanation is not complete. There is an effort to discuss current and future trends, however no examples provided to support discussion.||Answer is correct but the explanation requires further refinement, does not immediately demonstrate understanding of theoretical concepts.||Major omissions and unsubstantiated explanations.|
|Communication and referencing skills evident in writing||Perfect referencing style is used, with no errors. No grammatical or spelling mistake.||References are used with minor errors in formatting. A few grammatical or spelling mistakes but does not effect hinder the delivery of the answer.||Referencing style applied with some inconsistent formatting. Grammatical and spelling mistakes evident in writing and could have been refined to help with clearly communicating the answer.||Applied referencing style requires refinement, however it is evident that student made an effort to reference literature. Writing style requires refinement with answer not immediately clear.||Referencing incorrect or not applied. Major errors in grammar and spelling.|
You are required to write the answers in a word document and submit it via Turnitin. Use Times new
roman/Palatino Linotype/Calibri/Cambria/Arial fonts using 10 to 12 font size.
APA reference style should be used in the assignment. APA referencing guide can be found