Assessment 2: Technology Assessment Report
You need to write a 3000 word Technology Assessment Report. The report relates to
an analytics assessment that address and then justifies the potential privacy issues
• the technology solutions that can be employed;
• the organisational structures/process that need to be in place to ensure the
privacy of data is ensured.
The technology assessment will be presented in a formal report.
What you need to is:
• you need to first select a technology;
• assess the technology solutions you have selected and how it would
impact the privacy of data;
• reflect and describe organisational structures process that would be
needed to ensure that the privacy of organisational data is ensured.
In this assignment you will be focusing on the following Unit Learning Outcomes:
• ULO4 - Apply and justify the use of a range of appropriate technological and
organisational approaches to mitigate privacy risks associated with data
• ULO5 - Evaluate vulnerabilities in organization and personal data and justify
appropriate strategies to attack and defend.
Submit the assessment by the end of Week 11, Friday, 23:59 (AEST) – submitted
electronically via FutureLearn.
What do I do now?
• Start collecting and researching information;
• Think creatively!
• Develop the report in Microsoft Word format.
• Make sure you look at the ru
ic and the unit learning outcomes to make sure
you understand what you are being assessed (and marked on!).
• The report should be between 2500 – 3000 words.
SIT719 Security and Privacy Issues in
The structure of the report of 2500 – 3000 words could be
oken down in the
following sample way:
• Executive Summary of your report findings (250 words);
• Description of Technology (250 words) – description of the technology that you
selected to assess;
• Technology Solution Assessment (1250 words) – an assessment of the
technology how it could impact the privacy of the data;
• Organisational change assessment (1250 words) – an assessment of how the
technology you have selected could change organisational processes and
justify why the changes would be needed.
• References that you have used (not part of the word count).