Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University
BUSI 3321 – Operations Management
Semester: SUMMER 2020
Instructor: M. Bassam Abdul-Rahim
The Final Project
1. Write a minimum 5-7 pages (not including title page, references page, and appendix
page) report for this project;
2. THE 5-7 pages are PER GROUP MEMBER if you’re a group;
3. You must provide a MINIMUM of THREE references
4. The paper must be Times New Roman, 12pt and 1.5 SPACED;
5. Your project must be THOROUGH to receive grades; Please send your assignment as a
Word attachment via Blackboard;
6. You will use supplied cover page for the project (in another attachment);
7. Plagiarism results in a ZERO.
This is a report that summarizes your understanding of the Operations Management concepts
and how they apply in real life situations.
Due date last week of classes
You will deliver a soft copy, as well as a hard copy of the project.
Your project is as follows. Choose a company from the list below (short list) OR any company you want
ed, approved by the teacher). From there, you will pick a product OR service they render and
write about it.
FOR EXAMPLE, if you choose AMAZON, you can write about their “delivery” process, starting with their
website, to the customer ordering, to payment, to the order going to the warehouse, to shipping, to
eceiving it at your doorstep. You will need to write in details about the steps and processes, in order to
give a clear idea of work.
OR, you can choose a PRODUCTION PROCESS; for example, how the Fe
ari Enzo is produced, from
design, to marketing, to on-floor production.
OR, you can pick something like Dubai Airport, from booking a ticket all the way to leaving the airport at
your city destination.
OR, you can go for something simple, like the “hiring process for FACULTY” or “Registration-to-
graduation for students” at PMU.
The conclusion is, it can be ANY operations process. My RECOMMENDATION is that you pick something
you are interested in OR has something to do with your major. Anything you think you can do well in.
1. Individual work accepted, but groups recommended;
2. Groups can be 2, 3 or 4 MAX; I like 3 in this case…
3. All group members MUST do work; I will not listen to groups complaining the last day of
members NOT doing work: show leadership and management skills and “force” members to do
4. You MUST inform me early on who you’re grouping with. You CANNOT come last week and tell
me I can’t find a group!
5. You must give me a
ief of what you intend to do, and who’s-doing-what, by next TUESDAY
6. You can use ANY reference you want; I LIKE YouTube references: watch a video, and give a
of what you saw. Very easy, and very effective. You can watch 5-30 minute videos, for example,
and fill 5-10 pages. So, be imaginative.
7. Do not, under any circumstance, deliver a forgery. I will give a LOW grade. I can SMELL a
forgery a mile away. Present your work, and think fair.
8. If you have questions, contact me.
List of companies:
ari Dell PMU
Rolex Samsung KFUPM
Rolls Royce Apple The Hajj (how the government organizes it;
Microsoft Astra Zeneca Dubai Airport
ott (pharmaceutical co.) Disneyland
HP Boeing Universal Studios
Or any company of choice.