Chapter 11 Homework Assignment
1. How is advertising and sales promotion similar? Different? Which do you think is a more effective communication tool and why?
2. Are particular kinds of customer-oriented sales promotions more likely to have long-term effects on buying behavior than others?
3. Consider Figure 1.5 (“Strategies for Trade Dealing” (Power Point slide 25). What other products or services would fit into the four boxes?
4. Summarize the factors that affect the allocation of money between advertising and promotion. Considering the consumer franchise-building approach, when would you want the CFB ratio to be below the 50–55% recommended? When might you want it to be much higher?
5. A number of new in-store coupon delivery systems other than the Catalina system are being developed (e.g., free-standing kiosks). Compared to coupons delivered through the mail or newspapers and magazines, what kind of impact do you expect these coupons to have on consumer behavior other than simply inducing a one-time trial?
Levis Straus Products.....Chapter 12
Please answer the question below:
Levi Strauss sells the same products, Levi’s, Dockers, and Slates, to multiple channels of distribution, from high-image (Bloomingdale’s) to low-image (Sears, Mervyns) outlets.Using Distribution Strategies from Chapter 12, What would you suggest as a distribution strategy so that the company can better differentiate its product by channel and not suffer brand confusion problems?
Finally name one other company that sells the same products to multiple distribution channels.