1. How is advertising and sales promotion similar? Different? Which do you think is a more effective communication tool and why?
2. Are particular kinds of customer-oriented sales promotions more likely to have long-term effects on buying behavior than others?
3. Consider Figure 1.5 (“Strategies for Trade Dealing” (Power Point slide 25). What other products or services would fit into the four boxes?
4. Summarize the factors that affect the allocation of money between advertising and promotion. Considering the consumer franchise-building approach, when would you want the CFB ratio to be below the 50–55% recommended? When might you want it to be much higher?
5. A number of new in-store coupon delivery systems other than the Catalina system are being developed (e.g., free-standing kiosks). Compared to coupons delivered through the mail or newspapers and magazines, what kind of impact do you expect these coupons to have on consumer behavior other than simply inducing a one-time trial?
Already registered? Login
Not Account? Sign up
Enter your email address to reset your password
Back to Login? Click here