Case Study (Alternate Mid Term Question)
Recently, United Airlines experienced a public relations disaster when it forcibly removed a paying passenger from a flight to accommodate a crew member relocation. This event and subsequent events received wide coverage in the media.
Write a 2-3 page report on this case which answers the following questions…
1. Describe what happened and detail the airline policy that was the root cause of the incident?
2. Describe the media and public response to the incident?
3. Describe the role of social media in this event?
4. Describe the airline’s initial response?
5. How would you rate the performance of the airline CEO in handling this matter?
6. What was the reaction from other airlines?
7. How was the incident resolved?
8. What damage did the incident cause to the airline’s brand, reputation and share price
9. Describe what steps you would have taken to handle the situation differently (and better)?