Due date: 26-Apr-2018
Return date: 17-May-2018
Length: 2000 words XXXXXXXXXXpages)
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
WHAT TO DO: Tasks 1 and 2 below
TASK 1 Annotated Bibliography 20%
1. Write an Annotated Bibliography for your Capstone Topic with a collection of 12 articles following a set structure. The Annotated Bibliography is a critical examination of the most relevant, recent and scholarly research on the topic area that is not just a summary of the articles you have read on done in Topics 1 to 5.
2. Use the latest online search tools (CSU PRIMO, Google Scholar, Online databases) and efficient bibliographic organisers - CSU supports the use of EndNote. (available on iPad). EndNote is a bibliographic citation program, allowing references and footnotes to be translated into a variety of standard formats.
3. As a CSU student you can download and install EndNote X7 for Windows or Mac OS platforms from https:
4. For Group Work OPTION teams only: Assessment Item 3 Annotated Bibliography is done INDIVIDUALLY by ALL students.
5. Ensure that the Annotated Bibliography submitted by you is your own work and has not been submitted elsewhere and comply with the University's requirements for academic integrity.
6. You can get help in Building and Writing an Annotated Bibliography from Topic 3 Tutorial Topic in the ITC571 Interact2 site sidebar menu and other study advices and tips from:
1. Study Resources (PDF files to download): http:
2. APA style Referencing from http:
3. The CSU Li
ary website for LibGuides in Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics at http:
4. EndNote Bibliographic software and tutorials LibGuide at http:
7. Review the emerging technology (use internet for journals, conference papers, magazines, news articles, online databases, eBooks) and submit a 12-article Annotated Bibliography on your topic.
8. A good place to start a collection of articles in your annotated bibliography is via the PRIMO search tool located on the CSU Li
ary website at http:
As an example, the Capstone Topic PRIMO search on a topic like "near field communication applications" returned the following list of very recent journals, books, conference proceedings and eBooks related to the Topic:
Information Technology Journal Databases: http:
Information Technology & Computing LibGuides : http:
The following questions may be useful while reviewing the topic:
1. What is the new technology?
2. What does it do and what are the special features it has?
3. When is it coming out in the market and how much will it cost?
4. What industry will the new technology affect? (Medical, agricultural, computer, business, etc….).
5. In your opinion, will the new technology be beneficial to society? Why or why not.
6. What did you learn from a critical analysis of your sources of information on this new technology?
TASK 2 Originality Report and Questions 5%
1. Generate an originality report and submit this report via EASTS
2. CSU recommends Turnitin at turnitin.com for checking originality of content is assessment tasks as described in the Subject Outline and in the Assessment Task where it is required.
3. For this subject if you or your organisation use another similar tool then that is fine to use, but let me approve it first.
4. One approved alternative to Turnitin is the SEO Tools Plagiarism Checker at http:
. This is used by several institutions, academics and research students as an alternative to Turnitin.com.
5. Answer the following questions to interpret the originality report. The questions can be found through the following link: http:
6. Submit your question answers via EASTS.